What are Exosomes ?
- Naturally occurring biological nano particles produced by every cell to mediate intercellular communication.
- Can encapsulate various biological molecules within their lipid bilayer membrane or within the lumen of the Exosome.
- Can be engineered to deliver drug cargos to target cells, offering an opportunity to treat diseases.
The Benefits of Exosomes
- Proven ability to carry and deliver a variety of cargos including proteins and nucleic acids.
- Potential to deliver more than one bio-active cargo simultaneously.
- Target recipient cells via specific surface proteins that are determined by their cell of origin.
- Low or no immunogenicity, thereby evading immune detection.
Current delivery mechanisms have limitations
- Viral vectors have been plagued by side effect issues and high costs, limitation on the type and size of cargo they can deliver.
- Lipid Nanoparticles have no natural tropism with delivery mainly to the liver.
- Both have immunogenetic properties that are problematic.
ReNeuron : A Leader in the field of Exosome Therapeutics
CustomEXTM: A customisable Exosome platform
- Seven proprietary conditionally immortalised exosome producer stem cell lines producing unique exosome populations.
- ReNeuron’s iPSC platform allows production of exosomes that have the functional properties based on parent stem cells.
- Capable of delivering variety of payloads including proteins and nucleic acids and the next generation for delivery of gene editing technologies.
- Data highlights increased uptake and delivery of payload when compared to a conventional HEK exosome approach.
- Our CustomEX exosomes have distinct surface marker profiles (tropisms) enabling a greater tissue targeting capability.